Worthingtons Solicitors, in conjunction with TrainTogether, the workplace training division of HeadsTogether Consulting Ltd, are collaborating to provide an inclusive, interactive and informative seminar on mental health in the workplace.
|About the seminar|
Could you spot the signs if an employee was suffering from a mental health condition? Would you know how to manage the employee in a supportive and effective way?
Mental health in our modern day society is a prevalent, serious and sensitive matter. As a responsible employer, you have a duty to take action to proactively manage mental health in your workplace.
Mental health requires careful and sensitive management to ensure employee wellbeing and fairness in the workplace. If mismanaged it can lead to exposure for the employer, both legally and reputationally and in some cases can have devastating consequences.
Our experienced speakers will explore mental health at work in three ways, from a legal, HR and psychological perspective. The seminar will provide delegates with practical advice and guidance on how to positively and proactively manage mental health in the workplace.
|What is covered during the seminar? |
– An understanding of how an employee’s mental health can impact an
– An understanding of the legal position regarding mental health;
– Guidance on spotting the signs of an employee with mental health issues;
– An understanding of reasonable adjustments and learnings that can be
taken from recent case law;
– Dispelling some “myths” that exist regarding mental health and how this
should be managed in the workplace;
– Practical advice and guidance on how to effectively manage capability,
probation and attendance concerns;
– Guidance on how to raise awareness and remove the stigma attached to
– Guidance on the role of the line manager in supporting employees with
mental health concerns;
– Practical advice on preventative strategies and measures to support
|Key Speakers: |
|– Lynsey Stewart Director of HeadsTogether/TrainTogether|
– Dr Linda Jebb Clinical Psychologist
– Louise McAloon Partner of Worthingtons Solicitors
– Niall McMullan Partner of Worthingtons Solicitors
|Who is it for?|
HR professionals, Business Owners and Managers responsible for employee wellbeing and employee relations.
This is a full day seminar and will run on the following dates from 10am to 4pm:
Thursday 27 February 2020
Thursday 19 March 2020
Thursday 30 April 2020
Thursday 21 May 2020
TrainTogether, 128A High Street, Holywood, BT18 9HW
£285 plus VAT – includes lunch and refreshments.
Discounts are available for early bird bookings and for multiple place bookings. Please follow the link to secure your place.
Places are strictly limited to 25 per seminar, so to avoid disappointment book now.
Call 028 9043 4015 or Contact us