Worthingtons Successfully Represent Manager Awarded £28,700 in an Unfair Dismissal Case
21 December 2016
Worthingtons act for Tracey Campbell who was awarded £28700 in an unfair dismissal case against IFA in relation to a redundancy process
The Decision issued 15th December 2016 included the following findings:-
- The respondent failed to prove that there was a redundancy situation at all,
- The respondent failed to show that the claimant was dismissed for a potentially fair reason under ERO.
- The respondent failed to take reasonable steps to redeploy the claimant to avoid redundancies.
- The redundancy process and recruitment interview were unnecessary and they were part of a drive to bring in a new team which meant getting rid of the claimant.
- The outcome of the redundancy process was predetermined and the redundancy process was a sham.